LOCATION: Groveport, OH, United States
Middle School Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full time position working with 7th and 8th grade school students in a school in the Groveport, OH area. Candidates should be highly qualified in math and/or reading.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Ohio.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must be highly qualified in math and/or reading.
- Must have K-12 Intervention Specialist certification, BCI, and FBI Background Check.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.