LOCATION: Marana, AZ, United States
Middle School Special Education Teacher
We are seeking Special Education teachers for full-time positions working with middle school students in the Marana, AZ area. Eligible candidates must have a valid AZ Special Education Teaching Certification and up-to-date clearances.
- Valid AZ Special Education Teaching Certification
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Preference given for those with related teaching experience.
- Prepare thorough and complete lesson plans and instruct students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Assess student needs and performance. Develop, implement and evaluate daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials. Modify instruction to meet the needs of each child.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate integrated curriculum design which emphasizes building meaningful content connections for the students.
- Establish a positive learning environment, prepare, deliver and respond with differentiated instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Plan, organize and display classroom materials appropriate to curricular activities.
- Uses and implements classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Evaluate students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities. Make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Informs/Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student activities, progress, attendance, areas for improvement and methods for reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Direct student workers, teacher assistant and classroom volunteers to maximize their efficiency and meet work requirements.
- Participate in a variety of meetings including professional learning communities to discuss, share, evaluate results, problems, success stories and to plan ways to solve student issues or increase student achievement.
- Support student needs: academic, social, daily loving skills, motor, and communication.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, school and district.