LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Mental Health Technician
We are seeking a Mental Health Technician for a full-time position in a residential facility in the Harrisburg, PA, area (both 1st shift and 2nd shift available). This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and documenting individual programs for mental health consumers. All candidates must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree (with at least 60 college credits) or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a background in Human Services (Psychology, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or other related areas).
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in the mental health field.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Develop and implement individual programs for mental health consumers.
- Provide supportive counseling to mental health consumers with personal, behavioral, or social problems.
- Develop and adhere to individual behavior management plans.
- Advocate for residents with outside agencies.
- Interface with families of residents and other interested parties.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self care.
- Provide routine health care functions as directed.
- Medication administration.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.