LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Mental Health Technician
We are seeking a Mental Health Technician for a full-time position in a residential facility in the Harrisburg, PA, area. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and documenting individual programs for mental health consumers. All candidates must have up-to-date clearances and an Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services field.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services field.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening, Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse Clearance, CPR/First Aide, FBI Clearance.
- Must have recent TB/Physical.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and documenting individual programs for mental health consumers.
- Responsible for completing mental status exams and be knowledgeable of the DSM4.
- Responsible to provide supportive counseling.
- To act as an advocate and represent clients needs and rights with outside social service agencies, families, etc.
- Responsible to assist and support mental health consumers in all activities of daily living.
- Responsible for the design and facilitation of therapeutic groups.
- Responsible for planning and implementing community integration plans for consumers.
- Responsible for administering medications as prescribed by physician.
- Responsible for following all doctor’s orders regarding wound care, speech, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy or any other prescribed directive.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by the Program supervisor and or Director of Adult Residential Mental Health Services.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.