LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Mental Health Technician
We are seeking a Mental Health Technician for a part-time position in a residential facility in the Harrisburg, PA, area. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and documenting individual programs for mental health consumers. All candidates must have up-to-date clearances and previous experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. The schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-3:00pm.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree (with at least 60 college credits) or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a background in Human Services (Psychology, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or other related areas).
- Must have 4 years of experience with Associate’s degree or 2 years of experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Develop and implement individual programs for mental health consumers.
- Provide supportive counseling to mental health consumers with personal, behavioral, or social problems.
- Develop and adhere to individual behavior management plans.
- Advocate for residents with outside agencies.
- Interface with families of residents and other interested parties.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self care.
- Provide routine health care functions as directed.
- Medication administration.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.