LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Mental Health Technician
We are seeking a Mental Health Technician for a full-time position in a residential facility in the Harrisburg, PA, area. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and documenting individual programs for mental health consumers. All candidates must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree (with at least 60 college credits) or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a background in Human Services (Psychology, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or other related areas).
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in the mental health field.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Develop and implement individual programs for mental health consumers.
- Provide supportive counseling to mental health consumers with personal, behavioral, or social problems.
- Develop and adhere to individual behavior management plans.
- Advocate for residents with outside agencies.
- Interface with families of residents and other interested parties.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self care.
- Provide routine health care functions as directed.
- Medication administration.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.