LOCATION: South Orange, NJ, United States 07079
Medical Billing / Administrative Assistant – South Orange (RF: 2560)
We are currently seeking a Medical Billing Specialist / Administrative Assistant for a full-time, permanent position working at an organization in the South Orange, NJ area. The primary responsibilities will be responsible for processing department insurance claims, providing administrative support to the Clinical Department, and maintaining Client Records. Eligible candidates must have a Medical Billing Certification.
- Must hold a high school diploma
- Associates degree in the following areas or related fields preferable: medical, business, or human services field
- Or minimum 5 years’ equivalent experience in related field
- Must have a Medical Billing Certification
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License is required.
- Must hold CPR/First Aid Valid Certification
- Successful clearance of NJ background check.
- Successful clearance of Drug Screening
- Successful experience with electronic billing to Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial insurance
- Experience in Behavioral Health Service billing
- Additional MCO experience preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Experience with E.H.R. system CARELOGIC preferable
- Responsible for departmental electronic billing to Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial insurance
- Assistance with billing to DDD when necessary
- Learns and follows the Agency’s policies and procedures by attending mandatory in-service programs given by the Agency or other outside sources.
- Act as a key player in billing implementation, including of the current billing module, Billing through our Electronic Health Record (EHR)- CARELOGIC.
- Some duties include but are not limited to data entry and configuring activities.
- Overseeing billing through our EHR including entering charges and submitting claims as well as additional set up tasks
- Configuring payers and billing types
- Inputting billing groups and billing info
- Data entry of billing rates
- Ensure activities outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual are followed for programmatic integrity
- Direct-care service that was provided has a valid prior authorization
- Claims include participant information and service information (such as Medicaid ID, diagnosis, procedure code, rate etc.) which can be found within the service plan and service detail report
- Service is properly documented along with any deliverable documents necessary to substantiate the claim in the case of an audit (such as strategies, time sheets, behavior plans)
- Handle accounts receivable reconciliation, claims corrections, and resubmission process
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2560