LOCATION: Greendale, WI, United States
Long-term Substitute Special Education Teacher – Greendale
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time, long-term substitute position working with elementary school students in the Greendale, WI area during the 2020-2021 school year. The position will be in-person starting immediately, and continuing through the end of November. Candidates with experience co-teaching in an inclusive environment are preferred.
- Must have WI Special Education Teaching Certification
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances
- Experience teaching students with a variety of disability areas
- Collaboration skills to work with other teachers, service providers, and paraprofessionals
- Ability to write and implement IEP goals, and measure and collect data to support student growth
- Experience modifying curriculum and creating supports to facilitate student success
- Ability to build positive relationships with students and parents/guardians
- Create and execute individual education plans for each of the students in your care
- Communicate with other staff and family members about each student’s progress and struggles
- Prepare detailed lesson plans at least three months in advance and submit them to administrators for approval
- Participate in IEP (individual education plan) meetings as scheduled by the school
- Use individualized reinforcement techniques to keep each student on the path toward greatness
- Invite family members to participate in each student’s educational progress
- Create and distribute progress reports quarterly
- Confer with the on-site therapist over disciplinary and behavioral issues with students
- Create a safe, productive classroom environment
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1537