LOCATION: Sunset, LA, United States 70584
Licensed Professional Counselor LPC
We are currently seeking a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) for a part-time position working with individuals and their families in the Sunset, LA area. Eligible candidates must have a Master’s Degree in a related human service discipline (Psychology, Sociology, Mental Health Counseling) and a Louisiana LPC/LCSW/LMFT license.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in a related human service discipline (Psychology, Sociology, Mental Health Counseling).
- Must have a LPC/LCSW/LMFT license (LA License Required)
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in child and adult mental health; family functioning and development; assessing risks, needs, and strengths. Identifying and understanding environmental stressors and coping mechanisms, and working with persons to resolve problems and prevent a future crisis.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of youth and family counseling
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of basic interviewing and assessment skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other social services providers, service purchasers, and clients;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with a diverse population ( Cultural Competence) Other qualifications include:
- Computer literacy and data entry skills; experience in providing effective clinical documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate professionally with professional contacts, staff, Administrative staff, and clients.
- Sincere interest in the health and welfare of others; especially persons with mental illnesses.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Passionate and reliable in all facets of the job position.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team to meet or exceed agency goals.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1106