LOCATION: Hartford, VT, United States
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a temporary, full-time position working with adults in an assisted living program in the White River Junction, VT area. Eligible candidates must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Vermont. This position is for 13 weeks and starts immediately. The schedule is Monday-Friday from 7:00am-3:00pm, and every other weekend. There is potential for overtime.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Vermont.
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with the consumers with whom they are working
- Ability to effectively complete necessary work-related documentation through paper and computer records systems
- Provide nursing care for consumers and training for staff to address needs of consumers.
- Convey to staff the importance of providing quality services in a caring and supportive manner.
- Consult and train in a manner that empowers direct care staff to conduct their work in a like manner.
- Act as a liaison with outside healthcare providers who provide services to consumers and oversee contracts of health-related entities.
- Will be asked to cover for other nurses as needed.
- Conduct physical assessments of patients.
- Manage a range of patients.
- Implement individualized care plans for patients.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques, and recognized standards.
- Maintain legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.