LOCATION: Reading, PA, United States 19602
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – Reading (RF: 2146)
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a full-time position providing care to adults with IDDs in the Reading, PA area. This is an organization with several community homes throughout Berks County with about 3 to 4 consumers per home. The LPN is needed to oversee the health care and medical treatment needs of all individuals as well as provide training and support to staff. The schedule is primarily mornings, Monday-Friday. Eligible candidates must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
- LPN certification from an accredited school or university and experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
- PA Driver’s License
- Criminal Background
- FBI Background Check through DHS
- Drug Screening prior to starting
- Physical/PPD Test
- Provides quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning
- Assesses residents for any decline of condition, signs of change in condition, weight loss, the decline in ambulation, change in ADLs, development of skin breakdown, etc.
- Notifies appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation and informs staff on any changes in assessment when appropriate
- Administers medications and treatments to residents which include; monitoring the administration of intravenous fluids and placing orders for medication
- Confer with residents and families on any issues relating to care and services
- Make referrals to other departments when appropriate
- Complete employee and resident incident reports and complete follow-up investigation forms
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances by reviewing inventory medications with another licensed nurse and notifying supervisors of any discrepancies
- Supervise the CNAs and the unit clerk in regards to work procedures, expediting workflow, evaluations, counseling, and discipline
- Performs other related job duties as required
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.