LOCATION: Pottstown, PA, United States 19464
1:1 Licensed Practical Nurse LPN or RN – Pottstown (RF: 2615)
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) for a full-time position working one on one with a middle school student in the Pottstown, PA area. The student will need the nurse to accompany them throughout the school day and during bus transportation (from their home in Pottstown to the school in Collegeville). The daily schedule will be Monday-Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm. The position starts ASAP and will continue through the end of the school year. Eligible candidates must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date PA clearances.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in Pennsylvania
- Up-to-date PA clearances
- FBI Fingerprints
- PA Criminal Background
- PA Child Abuse
- Must have Mandated Reporter
- Perform, administer, and provide nursing care appropriate for an LPN but not limited to the following:
- Triage, assess illnesses and injuries. Nursing care may include non-oral medications (i.e., injections, eye/ear medications), mixing medications, blood glucose monitoring, nasogastric and J-tube feedings, suctioning and tracheotomy care, feeding and medication by G-tube, performing clean intermittent catheterization, providing nebulizer treatments, ventilator care and other nursing care. Administer medication and treatments according to state law.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
- Knowledge of all health care related policies and procedures, i.e. OSHA, Blood borne Pathogen Control Plans, state mandates, district policies, and maintain compliance with current health practices.
- Work as a member of a team with health services staff to coordinate and carry out services.
- May participate in crisis intervention
- Maintain communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians
- Develops procedures and provides for crises intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances.
- Maintain health records for each pupil as well as records of nursing services.
- Identify school health problems and inform faculty, members and professional associates.
- Dispense prescribed medication when necessary.
- Provide clean intermittent catheterization when necessary.
- Assume responsibility for handling first aid, accidents and illnesses.
- Encourage parents to provide for periodic health examinations of their children by utilizing the services of private physicians, dentists, and clinics.
- Provide for intercommunication between private physicians and private dentists to coordinate their services with the school health services program.
- Serve as a resource person in the health services area to faculty, administration, and parents.
- Organize, schedule, and perform regular and special health examinations and screening.
- Observe for possible health and safety hazards in the school and its environment.
- Required to follow Board policies and stay abreast of updates and charges.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by the program supervisor.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2615