LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19138
PRN Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – Philadelphia (RF: 1746)
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work as needed/on-call (PRN) in a school in the Philadelphia, PA area. The school is looking for LPNs to do Covid testing for staff and students, provide medication administration for students on field trips, as well as provide coverage when the staff nurse has an unexpected absence. The position will start in September and continue through the 2021-2022 school year and have daily hours of 8am-4pm. Eligible candidates must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Pennsylvania
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- Must have reliable transportation
- Develops and maintains comprehensive school health services program for students
- Consults with leadership to establish, review and revise school health policies and procedures
- Consults with staff regarding student health conditions and impact on learning and behavior
- Communicates effectively with parents and staff regarding provisions of student health services
- Maintains regular communication with private nurses serving students with special healthcare needs
- Provides staff training including first aid, CPR, AED, and use of emergency medications
- Performs mandated screening for the students including those with special healthcare needs
- Provides first aid for illness or injury to the student and manages medical emergencies
- Monitors student for communicable illness and notifies families of exposure
- Reviews and monitors student immunization status to ensure compliance with regulation
- Administers prescribed medications and oversees the use of emergency medication
- Develop, implements, and monitor individual health plans and emergency care plans
- Maintain student records including medical history, physicals, immunization, and orders
- Document health services to students including nursing assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Maintains medication administration records including documentation of medication errors
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1746