LOCATION: Haskell, NJ 07420, USA
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a part-time position working with residents in a nursing care center located in the Haskell, NJ area. Eligible candidates must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of New Jersey. This position is Saturdays and Sundays either 7:00am-3:00pm or 3:00pm-11:00pm.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in New Jersey.
- Up-to-date NJ Background check (within 1 year)
- Recent PPD test and Physical (within 1 year)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Provides quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning
- Assesses residents for any decline of condition, signs of change in condition, weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in ADLs, development of skin breakdown, etc.
- Notifies appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation and informs staff on any changes in assessment when appropriate
- Administers medications and treatments to residents which includes; monitoring administration of intravenous fluids and placing orders for medication
- Confer with residents and families on any issues relating to care and services
- Make referrals to other departments when appropriate
- Complete employee and resident incident reports and complete follow-up investigation forms
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances by reviewing inventory medications with another licensed nurse and notifying supervisors of any discrepancies
- Supervise the CNAs and the unit clerk in regards to work procedures, expediting work flow, evaluations, counseling and discipline
- Performs other related job duties as required