LOCATION: Allentown, PA, United States
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a full-time position providing in home care to adults located in the Allentown, PA area. Eligible candidates must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Pennsylvania.
- Up-to-date clearances.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Provides quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning
- Assesses residents for any decline of condition, signs of change in condition, weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in ADLs, development of skin breakdown, etc.
- Notifies appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation and informs staff on any changes in assessment when appropriate
- Administers medications and treatments to residents which includes; monitoring administration of intravenous fluids and placing orders for medication
- Confer with residents and families on any issues relating to care and services
- Make referrals to other departments when appropriate
- Complete employee and resident incident reports and complete follow-up investigation forms
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances by reviewing inventory medications with another licensed nurse and notifying supervisors of any discrepancies
- Supervise the CNAs and the unit clerk in regards to work procedures, expediting work flow, evaluations, counseling and discipline
- Performs other related job duties as required