LOCATION: Brick Township, NJ, United States
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – Brick, NJ
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a part-time position working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Brick, NJ area. The position will be 9:00 am – 2:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays working with 8 individuals that reside in a group home. Most of the residents are independent, though three of them require assistance with showering, toileting, dressing, and changing, and one requires feeding and medication through a g-tube. Eligible candidates must have their New Jersey LPN license and up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in New Jersey
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- Previous experience with Hoyer lifts and g-tubes preferred
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively complete necessary work-related documentation through paper and computer records systems
- Provide nursing care for consumers and training for staff to address needs of consumers.
- Convey to staff the importance of providing quality services in a caring and supportive manner.
- Consult and train in a manner that empowers direct care staff to conduct their work in a like manner.
- Act as a liaison with outside healthcare providers who provide services to consumers and oversee contracts of health-related entities.
- Will be asked to cover for other nurses as needed.
- Conduct physical assessments of patients.
- Manage a range of patients.
- Implement individualized care plans for patients.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques, and recognized standards.
- Maintain legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1690