LOCATION: Norristown, PA, United States
We are currently seeking a full-time job coach to work with a student in the Norristown, PA area. This person’s primary responsibility is to guide students through the process of searching for, applying to, interviewing for, and independently working through a position with an employer.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Should have experience working with children with special needs.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license.
- Ability to recognize the individuality and uniqueness of each student & treat him/her with respect & dignity.
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the educational process.
- Work with students 1:1 and in small group settings on resume creation, interview preparation, professional skills and self-advocacy in the workplace.
- Collaborate with students’ case managers and therapists to determine the best course of action for the students’ training and assessment.
- Network and partner with local businesses to find inclusive, good-fit job opportunities for individuals in the community.
- Develop for employment with students out in the community through filling out job applications, completing on the job assessments, and speaking with hiring managers.
- Arrange interviews for students and act as a support for them while they interview.
- Assist students with scheduling, on-boarding and orientation after they start a position, and work with them to gain independence at work.
- Support students to form natural supports while at work and encourage them to take advantage of work place culture.
- Assess students’ progress through the on-boarding process as well as their performance in the workplace.