LOCATION: Norristown, PA, United States
Job Coach – Norristown
We are currently seeking a full-time job coach to work with HS students in the Norristown, PA area. This person’s primary responsibility is to guide students through the process of searching for, applying to, interviewing for, and independently working through a position with an employer. The schedule will be Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. Eligible candidates must have a vehicle and must be okay with working face-to-face.
- Must have a high school diploma
- Should have experience working with children with special needs
- Must have a vehicle and a valid PA driver’s license
- Must be okay with working face-to-face.
- Ability to recognize the individuality and uniqueness of each student
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the educational process.
- Work with students 1:1 and in small group settings on resume creation, interview preparation, professional skills, and self-advocacy in the workplace.
- Collaborate with students’ case managers and therapists to determine the best course of action for the student’s training and assessment.
- Network and partner with local businesses to find inclusive, good-fit job opportunities for individuals in the community.
- Develop for employment with students out in the community through filling out job applications, completing on-the-job assessments, and speaking with hiring managers.
- Arrange interviews for students and act as a support for them while they interview.
- Assist students with scheduling, on-boarding, and orientation after they start a position, and work with them to gain independence at work.
- Support students to form natural supports while at work and encourage them to take advantage of workplace culture.
- Assess students’ progress through the on-boarding process as well as their performance in the workplace.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1645