LOCATION: Parma, OH, United States
We are currently seeking a certified Intervention Specialist for a part-time position working with K-8 students in the Parma, OH area. This position is 3 days a week for approximately 3 hours.
- Must have a valid Ohio Intervention Specialist Teaching License.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Comply with the Operating Standards for Ohio’s Schools Serving Children with Disabilities regarding placement, instruction, and evaluation of students with disabilities.
- Establish an effective instructional program for students with disabilities that is aligned with the Ohio Academic Content Standards.
- Participate in IEP meetings and IEP development; write goals and objectives for students
entering the program.
- Participate in completing Evaluation Team Reports (ETRs)
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.