LOCATION: Columbus, OH, United States
We are currently seeking an Intervention Specialist for a full-time position working with K-6 students in the Columbus, OH area. Eligible candidates must be an Intervention Specialist in the state of Ohio and have up to date clearances.
- Must be certified as an Intervention Specialist in Ohio.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree.
- Up-to-date clearances.
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains pcas to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student