LOCATION: Canton, OH, United States
We are currently seeking a certified Intervention Specialist for a full-time position working with students in the Canton, OH area. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and an OH Intervention Specialist Teaching License.
- Must be a licensed/certified Intervention Specialist in the state of Ohio.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the school goals and objectives
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize student time on task
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual needs of students
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning, by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies
- Encourage student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits
- Completes progress reports and trimester report cards, as scheduled
- Prepares substitute folder containing appropriate information and copies, as required by Administration
- Plans and prescribes purposeful assignments for paraeducators, interventionists, tutors, and volunteers, as needed
- Recognizes learning problems and makes referrals, as appropriate
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of content matter
- Uses effective oral and written expression
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the school’s curriculum
- Develops, in accordance with school guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate techniques that are consistently applied
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Supervises all assigned students during the school day, inside and (when necessary) outside the school building.
- Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public
- Works cooperatively and communicates with parents to strengthen the educational program for their children
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations
- Cooperates with the administration in planning and participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or district level
- Evaluates accomplishment of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods such as teacher made tests, samples of students’work, mastery skill check lists, criterion-referenced tests and norm-referenced tests and provided on-line assessment tools
- Makes appropriate adjustments in the instructional program, as required by the administration
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.