LOCATION: Toledo, OH, United States
We are urgently seeking an Instructional Aide for a full-time position working with a student in the Toledo, OH area. This position starts immediately and will continue through December 2018, but has potential to extend through the end of the school year (June 2019).
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have OH Educational Aide Permit.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Strong writing, grammar, reading, and basic math skills
- Ability to assist with academic work ranging from kindergarten to 6th grade level
- Proficient technology skills
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards
- Ability to lift 80 pounds to assist students with mobility, toilet, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with staff, students, parents and the public
- Perform duties necessary to support students who need assistance with daily life/health related activities as assigned by the teacher(s). This may include assisting with the
elimination process, diapering, navigation, health related assistance, and lifting students
with and/or without assistance. The need for assistance of another person or a lifting
mechanism will be determined in consultation with the aide.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.