LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19137
Instructional Aide – Philadelphia (RF: 1792)
We are currently seeking an Instructional Aide for a full-time position working with high school students in the Philadelphia, PA 19137 area. The Instructional Aide will assist the classroom teacher in supporting all students’ individual academic, behavioral, self-care, and life-skill goals. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs
- Must be able to read materials, provide positive behavioral support, and interact calmly with students and adults
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, and work well with students, parents and staff
- Assist classroom teacher and Behavior Support Specialist in management and delivery of all aspects of children’s programs and instruction
- Assists classroom teacher in planning and preparation of instructional activities including selection of instructional and collateral educational materials
- Work with children in groups and 1:1 as assigned
- Monitors children’s behaviors in the classroom, during lunch, and at special activities outside, in the motor room, and in the sensory room and provides necessary observations to team members
- Prepare daily classroom materials
- Actively participates in team meetings and other pertinent discussions of children served by the program
- Assist in creating and organizing an optimal classroom environment including setting up schedules, routines, and workspaces.
- Assist with organizing and updating program book for each child served, including datasheets, instructional materials, and program/item sheets and notes
- Participate in the development and implementation of IEP goals and objectives
- Write reports and notes as assigned
- Inputs and accesses information via computer as requested by teacher and BSS
- Assist in maintaining consistency and integrity of the program by participating in program assessment
- Implement evidence-based best practices while consistently adhering to a written program
- Participates in all program project and activities
- Participates in workshops, in-service, and other professional development activities
- Complies with licensing, Department of Education (PDE), Department of Public Welfare (DPW) rules and regulations regarding paraprofessional job duties and professional development
- Provide support and feedback to other team members
- Maintains a clean and safe educational environment for the children, consistent with program expectations
- Assists in the evacuation of children during fire drills, emergencies, and unusual practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1792