LOCATION: Erdenheim, PA, United States 19038
Instructional Aide – Erdenheim (RF: 2478)
We are currently seeking Instructional Aides for full-time positions working with school students in the Erdenheim, PA area. The Instructional Aide will assist the classroom teacher in supporting all students’ individual academic, behavioral, self-care, and life-skill goals. The daily schedule will be 8:45am-3:45pm, Monday through Friday. Eligible candidates must meet the qualifications below and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of postsecondary study (48 credits)
- Possess an associated degree or higher
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through a State or local assessment (Paraeducator Credential of Competence)
- Must have up-to-date PA clearances (from within one year)
- FBI Fingerprints (Service Code = 1KG6XN)
- PA State Police Clearance
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Physical and TB Test from within a year
- Act 24
- Act 168s
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs, previous experience preferred
- Must be able to read materials, provide positive behavioral support, and interact calmly with students and adults
- Assist classroom teacher and Behavior Support Specialist in management and delivery of all aspects of children’s programs and instruction
- Assists classroom teacher in planning and preparation of instructional activities including selection of instructional and collateral educational materials
- Work with children in groups and 1:1 as assigned
- Monitors children’s behaviors in the classroom, during lunch, and at special activities outside, in the motor room, and in the sensory room and provides necessary observations to team members
- Prepare daily classroom materials
- Actively participates in team meetings and other pertinent discussions of children served by the program
- Assist in creating and organizing an optimal classroom environment including setting up schedules, routines, and workspaces.
- Assist with organizing and updating program book for each child served, including datasheets, instructional materials, and program/item sheets and notes
- Participate in the development and implementation of IEP goals and objectives
- Write reports and notes as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2478