LOCATION: Devon, PA, United States
Infant and Toddler Assistant Teacher
We are currently seeking Infant and Toddler Assistant Teachers for a full-time position that continues year-round in the Devon, PA area. All candidates must have a HS diploma and should have previous experience working with children.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Childhood Development Associates (CDA) is preferred.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with children.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Provide children with a safe environment in which they can develop emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- Strive to promote a positive atmosphere where parents, staff, and children, interact with mutual respect and caring.
- Engage children responsively, demonstrating an understanding of the importance of trust and attachment.
- Assists in the implementation of positive approaches to guide behaviors toward the development of self-regulation and active involvement in learning in the classroom.
- Assist in implementation of individualized planning for children and participate in the daily documentation of children’s development and progress.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.