LOCATION: Altoona, PA, United States
In-Home Instructional Aide
We are currently seeking an Instructional Aide for a part-time (25 hours/week) position working in-home with a kindergarten student in the Altoona, PA area. This position is 5 hours per day, 5 days per week. Eligible candidates must be comfortable visiting the student in their home.
- Must have a High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year).
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must be comfortable visiting the student’s home.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.