LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
In-Home Elementary Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified teacher for full-time position working in-home with a 4th and 5th grade student in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The 4th grade student needs 15 hours/week and the 5th grade student needs 25 hours/week. Any valid teaching certification that is relevant would be considered. Clearances preferred within one year, required within 5 years. Teacher should be comfortable visiting the student in their home. (They have a family pet dog.)
- Must have Valid PA Teaching Certificate
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have up-to-date clearances (within one year preferred, required within 5 years)
- Must have TB Test.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Candidates with teaching experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable visiting student in their home.
- Develop daily and unit lesson plans and a scope and sequence that are thoughtful, goal-oriented and aligned with curriculum and integrate technology; maintain pace of learning and provide opportunities for student differences; and check for student understanding and convey appropriately high expectations for students.
- Promote a high rate of student interest and provide prompt and specific feedback in a constructive manner and opportunities for active participation; demonstrate fairness and consistency in dealing with students; and speak and write clearly, correctly, and at an appropriate level for student understanding.
- Comply with policies, regulations and procedures of the school, communicate effectively with parents and work collaboratively with staff.
- Display high-level professional conduct and image at all times; establish and maintain an acceptable attendance record; and participate in extra-curricular activities and/or leadership roles outside the classroom.