LOCATION: Fort Washington, PA, United States
HS Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for several full-time positions working with High School students in the Fort Washington, PA area. Eligible candidates must be certified Special Education Teachers in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Serves as case manager for student IEPs; complies with all special education regulations and timelines and conducts IEP meetings.
- Plans, develops, and implements individualized and group instruction and therapeutic behavior management relative to the needs of the individuals or group.
- Manages the data collection process and procedure for students in the classroom and as part of the case manager; collaborates with school staff on data accuracy and problem solving for improved student outcomes and progress monitoring.
- Complete appropriate written reports, plans, and records relative to the educational program (point sheets, behavior data plans, academic progress, and social goals progress) in a timely and professional manner.
- Plan and facilitate instruction with adaptations as designated in the student’s IEP.
- Supervise and set clear expectations for paraeducator staff in their supportive role in the classroom, with the goal of ensuring best practices for all students educationally and therapeutically.
- Effectively manage the classroom environment, including engaging students and incorporating proactive behavior management strategies.
- Maintain an organized classroom that fosters structure and support conducive to learning.
- Fully engage in staff development trainings to continue to develop and maintain skills regarding the dynamic needs of students.
- Adhere to the core competencies of teacher expectations: planning and preparation, instructional delivery, content knowledge and pedagogy, and professionalism.
- Communicate regularly with parents or guardians.
- Performs related duties as assigned.