LOCATION: Reading, PA, United States
School Psychologist – Reading
We are currently seeking a certified School Psychologist for a full-time position working with students in the Reading, PA area. Eligible candidates must be a licensed and certified school psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a licensed and school-certified School Psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in School Psychology
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Assesses difficulties of referred students through appropriate testing and diagnostic practices
- Administers tests and recommends placement for all exceptional and new students as determined under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) regulations
- Helps identify within the school all types of exceptional children
- Maintains case records on all referred students
- Recommends clear and obtainable corrective procedures
- Conducts individual assessment for children whose diagnosed problems would benefit from behavior modification
- Confer with teachers and parents whenever necessary
- Consults on special education needs of mentally retarded, emotionally disturbed and slow learning children
- Interprets the school psychological services to teachers and parents
- Prepares and submits required reports on children in a timely manner
- Observes special education classes when necessary as part of an assessment
- Cooperates with personnel of community health and social welfare agencies when in possession of proper releases
- Attends meetings in conjunction with assignments
- Assists with in-service training of school personnel
- Conducts appropriate research
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field
- Assist with Instructional Support Teacher (IST) meetings as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee. This job description does not constitute an exhaustive list of responsibilities and management may revise it at any time.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.[/readmore]
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1443