LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
HS Physical Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Teacher for a full-time position teaching Physical Education to 9th – 12th grade students in the Philadelphia, PA area.
- Must hold a PA Health and Physical Education K-12 certification.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Create intentional lesson plans that support student engagement and academic growth.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in the development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.