LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19143
HS Math Special Education Teacher – Philadelphia (RF: 2500)
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position teaching math and daily living skills to high school students. This position is in the Philadelphia, PA 19143 area and begins immediately with a daily schedule of 8:00am-3:30pm. The Special Education Teacher must be able to write IEPs. Eligible candidates must be certified Special Education Teachers in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum)
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances
- Previous experience teaching Special Education is preferred
- Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives
contained within each student’s IEP.
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to
- Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning to enable students to
meet their IEP goals.
- Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to
include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals
and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
- Schedules team meetings and works cooperatively with child study team members and others in
developing instructional goals and strategies.
- Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student’s IEP.
- Creates a positive learning experience with emphasis in individualized instruction using
appropriate sources including i-pads.
- Serves as primary contact for the parent.
- Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations.
- Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of educational assistants as directed.
- Complies with School Board policies and all state/federal rules and regulations.
- Completes all district and state reporting requirements
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2500