LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
High School Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with high school students in the Philadelphia, PA area. Eligible candidates must have a valid PA Special Education teaching certification and up-to-date clearances. Candidates with a valid PA certification in ELA or Math (or experience teaching it) are preferred. Candidates with at least 2 years experience teaching Special Education are also preferred. The schedule would be Monday-Friday, 6:30am-2:30pm.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s in Education, at minimum.
- Valid PA certification in ELA or Math (or experience teaching it), preferred.
- 2 years experience teaching Special Education, preferred.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Develop and implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments
- Deliver the curriculum in an appropriate manner consistent with the student’s educational levels.
- Adapt the curriculum for individual student’s needs.
- Maintain/write individual learning plans for each student.
- Provide for the needs of special education students placed in classroom.
- Prepare achievement reports (report cards/progress reports/etc).
- Administer school assessments and mandated standardized assessments.
- Maintain and record student’s achievement (homework/quizzes/tests/etc.)
- In partnership with school leadership, analyze assessments that measure progress towards academic standards and use this assessment data to inform and differentiate instructional practices.
- Maintain an effective, creative, and balanced learning environment that meets the needs of all students.
- Enforce the school’s discipline policies and code of conduct.
- Maintain student records including attendance, behavioral and academic. Ensure that all student records are secured.
- Maintain proactive communication with parents/guardians about their student’s academic progress and well being.
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1303