LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
High School Science Teacher
We are urgently seeking a certified Science Teacher for a full-time position working with high school students in the Philadelphia, PA area. Eligible candidates must have their PA Science 7-12 teaching certificate and up-to-date clearances.
- Must hold a PA Teaching Certificate in 7-12 Science.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum) in Education or Science.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Participate in general faculty meetings, department meetings and in-service days.
- Motivate students to learn and appreciate science.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, technology and demonstrations.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students’ progress.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Use computers and technology, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation including lesson plans upon request of immediate supervisors.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal law through implementation and adherence to the IEP process and to assist disabled students with assistive devices, supportive technology, and assistance accessing facilities such as restrooms.
- Other duties assigned by administration
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1094