LOCATION: MIDDLE CITY WEST, PA, United States 19103
School Counselor – Philadelphia (RF: 1977)
We are currently seeking a School Counselor for a full-time position working with K-8 students in the Philadelphia, PA 19103 area. Eligible candidates must have their PA School Counselor License and up-to-date clearances. This position starts immediately, as it’s covering a maternity leave.
- Must be a licensed School Counselor in the state of Pennsylvania
- Must have Master’s Degree
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances
- Must have excellent references
- Should have previous experience working as a School Counselor
- Meet with students annually to evaluate their academic progress/records and to ensure that they are on schedule for promotion and ready for high school.
- Assist new, transfer and foreign exchange students in enrollment, grades in progress and the transfer of credits. He/she shall conduct a screening of cumulative records and/or parent/guardian/student interviews of all students new to the school.
- Leads and coordinates the SAP process for students in K-8.
- Manages student supports for students with Section 504 plans including behavioral plans, and assessments for students in 5-8.
- Coordinates and supervises community-based staff members supporting student behavioral and social emotional needs.
- Provides individual and group counseling to IEP students.
- Together with the K-8 social worker, coordinates and promotes the school-wide student positive behavior program.
- Meet with students on an individual basis concerning academic/social issues and concerns reported by teachers and parents.
- Manage student transfers including admissions to other high schools.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of student educational records by conducting periodic credit checks on student files to ensure promotion to the next grade.
- Participate in school and team meetings.
- Participates in multidisciplinary evaluation team and Individual Educational Programming and serves as transition coordinator.
- Participates in the provision of staff and parent training.
- Maintains his/herself in an ethical and professional manner.
- Be available to provide assistance and coverage for other guidance counselors in the building if needed.
- Related duties assigned by the CEO, Principal, and Director of Pupil Services/Special Education.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1977