LOCATION: Nashville, TN, United States
English as a Second Language Teacher (ESL) (2018-2019 School Year)
We are seeking a certified ESL Teacher for a full-time position working with students in grades 5-8 in a school in the Nashville, TN area. This position is for the 2018-2019 School Year and begins in the Fall. All candidates must posses a TN TESOL Certificate.
- Must be a licensed/certified ESL Teacher in the state of Tennessee.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide pull-out services to designated ESL students.
- Assist in development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.