LOCATION: Marana, AZ, United States
We are seeking a Special Education teacher for a part time position working with elementary school students in the Marana, AZ area during the 2018-2019 school year. All candidates must have SPED K-8 Certification.
- Must have SPED K-8 Certification in Arizona.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree. (required)
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Preference given for those with related teaching experience.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established curriculum goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, provides progress reports as required, and communicates with parents as directed by the principal.
- Develops a code of conduct for the classroom which is consistent with established administrative policies and develops rules of classroom behavior which are enforced in a fair and just manner.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students, including current technology and specialized instruction.
- Attends established traditional school-sponsored activities (i.e, back-to school night, open house, and other activities customarily attended by classroom teachers and/or faculty members).
- Participates in curriculum related and programmatic activities that are a part of the regular program.