LOCATION: Warren, OH, United States
Elementary Social Studies and English/Language Arts ELA Teacher
We are currently seeking a Social Studies and English/Language Arts (ELA) teacher for a full-time position working with elementary school students in the Warren, OH area. Eligible candidates must have their Ohio Teaching Certification and up-to-date clearances. The schedule would be Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:15pm.
- Ohio Teaching Certification or Licensed Long Term Sub Cert
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching the intermediate level (2nd – 7th grades) preferred, but not required.
- Reading endorsement preferred, but not required.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning within the classroom
- Develop lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established curriculum.
- Instruct and monitor students
- Use relevant materials to help students engage in learning
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Provide appropriate feedback to students, parents, and supporting staff
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies, and the observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.