LOCATION: Aston, PA, United States
Elementary Emotional Support Teacher – Aston (RF: 2166)
We are currently seeking an Emotional Support Teacher for a full-time position working with elementary school students in the Aston, PA area. The position will start immediately and continue through the 21-22 school year with a daily schedule of 8:15am – 3:45pm. Eligible candidates must have a valid Special Education Teaching Certification and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a valid Special Education Teaching Certification
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances
- FBI Fingerprints
- PA Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse
- Act 24, Act 168
- Must have a recent TB Test/Physical
- Plans and delivers educational instruction to students with autism spectrum disorders and emotional disabilities
- Help autistic students learn mechanisms for coping with their disorder and techniques to help them adapt to their communities
- Teach reading, writing, math, comprehension, and communication skills to disabled student
- Help instill basic life skills by promoting classroom structure, rules, and procedure
- Deliver curriculum, ensure every student’s IEP needs are being met, and monitor compliance with state-mandated standards
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory
- Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of techniques such as phonetics, multi-sensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning and to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, as determined by the students’ individualized education programs (IEPs) by employing techniques in an overall positive behavioral support system
- Perform related work as required.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2166