LOCATION: Greendale, WI, United States
Educational Interpreter – Hearing Impaired
We are seeking an Educational Interpreter (Hearing Impaired) for a full-time position providing sign language interpretation for a student who is deaf in the Greendale, WI area. The schedule is 8:45am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday, during the 2019-2020 school year. Eligible candidates must have their Certification in sign language interpreting, Department of Public Instruction Educational Interpreter License code 020 or 884, or equivalent, and experience working with deaf or hard of hearing students.
- Certification in sign language interpreting
- Department of Public Instruction Educational Interpreter License code 020 or 884, or equivalent,
- Experience working with deaf or hard of hearing students
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Provide interpreting/transliterating and other support services to a deaf/hard of hearing (DHH) student in the general education environment in order to facilitate communication among the student, their hearing peers, the classroom teacher, and other staff within the school environment.
- Instructional reinforcement, creating requested materials, participation in meetings, and being an active member of the school’s educational team.
- Facilitate communication between the student and his/her hearing peers, teachers and staff
- Interpret/transliterate activities during the regular school day
- Interpret/transliterate extra-curricular activities as appropriate
- Provide instructional reinforcement as needed, guided by the classroom teacher, special education teacher, and/or the DHH teacher
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all team members.