LOCATION: Princeton, NJ, United States
Director of Nursing
We are currently seeking a Director of Nursing/RN Supervisor for a full-time position based in the Princeton, NJ area. Director of Nursing will be working in both residential and facility settings throughout New Jersey. As Director of Nursing (DON), you will provide nursing care for consumers as well as training for staff to address the needs of all consumers.
- Must be a registered, licensed nurse in the state of New Jersey
- 2 years of experience as an RN (Preferred)
- Supervisory Experience (Preferred)
- DDD Pre-service trainings (Preferred)
- Experience training Certified Home Health Aides (Preferred)
- Experience working with persons with disabilities and/or seniors
- Experience as a patient advocate
- Excellent organizational skills, written, and oral skills
- Strong trainer with excellent presentation skills and able to provide quality materials for trainees
- Ability to effectively communicate with the consumers with whom they are working
- Ability to effectively complete necessary work-related documentation through paper and computer records systems
- Valid driver’s license and personal automobile
- Convey to staff the importance of providing quality services in a timely, caring and supportive manner.
- Consult and train in a manner that empowers direct care staff and LPNs to conduct their work in a like manner.
- Act as a liaison with outside healthcare providers who provide services to consumers and oversee contracts of health-related entities.
- Supervise other nurses employed and/or contracted
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities