LOCATION: Lancaster, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) for full-time, part-time, and temporary positions working with adults in the Lancaster, PA area. DSP will be responsible for assisting participants with activities of daily living (ADL) and conducting group and individual activities. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma, up-to-date clearances, TB Test, and a valid CPR/First Aid certification.
- High School diploma.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- Current physical and TB Test.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Supervise/evaluate IDD Specialist I staff.
- Provide backup for other staff working in the program.
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage along with coordinator, manager and director following the posted chain of command.
- Provide services as defined by the program description, Principles of Every Days Lives and in full compliance with licensure standards as required.
- Identify resources which are accessible and beneficial to individuals and encourage their utilization.
- Intervene appropriately in crisis situations.
- Provide instruction and hands-on support to promote development of skills identified in ISP.
- Support individuals in maintaining healthy relationships and resolving conflicts.
- Function as a Point Person in HCSIS as required.
- Submit accurate and timely time cards and expense reports.
- Maintain accurate records of billable services provided and submit records in a timely manner as dictated by the program.