LOCATION: Danbury, CT, United States
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) for both full and part-time positions working with adults in the Danbury, CT area. DSP will be responsible for assisting participants with activities of daily living (ADL), managing the food service, and conducting group and individual activities. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma or GED. Candidates with 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years experience working with aging adults and adults with functional impairments.
- Current CPR and first aid training.
- Current driver’s license, if required to drive facility vehicles.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Services, preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Plan and conduct group and individual activities.
- Provide input and support to the Activities Director.
- Assist with the preparation and serving of snacks.
- Assist with the preparation and serving of lunch.
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Assist participants boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.