LOCATION: West Chester, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional (DSP) – West Chester
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (preferably male candidates) for full-time positions (all shifts available) working with adults with intellectual disabilities in the West Chester, PA area. The DSP will provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others. Eligible candidates must have High School Diploma or G.E.D. and up-to-date clearances.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Male candidates are preferred
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, certificate and/or associates degree preferred in related field
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and an acceptable driving record
- Must have Background check/clearances
- Provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals served within a specific program site regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others.
- Provide active treatment at all times and adhere to standards, procedures, and schedules
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision-making appropriate to the assignment.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual
- These areas will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry, and housekeeping.
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time.
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings.
- Observe and make written entries in the logbook as directed.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1662