LOCATION: Peapack, NJ, United States 07977
Direct Support Professional DSP – Peapack
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for full-time positions working with adults with IDDs in the Peapack, NJ area. DSPs are needed for both the first shift (7 am-3 pm) and the second shift (3 pm-11 pm), starting immediately. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma, up-to-date clearances, a flu shot, a COVID vaccine, and must be CPR/First aid certified.
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must be up-to-date with flu shots
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID
- Provides personal care tasks to an assigned patient or group, which meets their hygiene, safety, comfort, nutritional, elimination, activity, and social needs.
- Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the individual’s personal plan of care, including nursing, therapeutic, dietary, and behavioral interventions.
- Participates in the nursing reports at the beginning of each work shift prior to working with patients.
- Assists the nurse in observing patients and communicates any problems in completing tasks or changes in the patient’s status.
- Respects the patient’s rights, concerns, privacy, and dignity at all times.
- Ensures that patients are dressed properly and are clean and dry at all times.
- Notifies the nurse when a patient complains about or exhibits signs of pain or injury.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of patient’s residential area including clothing, equipment, and personal property.
- Participates in and contributes to departmental and interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Accompanies patients to outside appointments when necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions, both oral and written, and works cooperatively with other staff members.
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are completed during the work shift.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with patients, family members, and other staff members.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1701