LOCATION: Monroeville, PA, United States 15146
Direct Support Professional DSP – Monroeville
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) for full-time positions working with adults in the Monroeville, PA area. DSP will be responsible for assisting participants with activities of daily living (ADL), managing the foodservice, and conducting group and individual activities. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma or GED. Candidates with 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred. Candidates with experience with consumers that are deaf/hard of hearing or experience with ASL are also preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred
- Experience with consumers that are deaf/hard of hearing preferred
- Experience with ASL preferred
- Up-to-date clearances
- Current CPR and first aid training.
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals served within a specific program site regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others.
- Provide active treatment at all times and adhere to standards, procedures, and schedules
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision-making appropriate to the assignment.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual
- These areas will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry, and housekeeping.
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time.
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings.
- Observe and make written entries in the logbook as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1632