LOCATION: Groton, CT, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals for full-time positions working with adults in group homes in the Groton, CT area. Direct Support Professionals will be responsible for helping with vocational training as well as socialization and should have a HS Diploma/GED and CPR certification.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CPR Certification.
- Must be physically able to assist participants when necessary (i.e. lifting, using approved adaptive equipment, using approved physical restraint techniques).
- Participates as an active member of a person-centered team that identifies and provides training and support services to each individual living in the group home.
- Implements team plans for consumers in areas of training in daily living skills, community integration, recreation and socialization.
- Informs manager, Nurse and Behaviorist when significant behavioral or medical changes occur in consumers.
- Supports the consumers while in the home or community as needed. (May include but is not limited to lifting, transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing, and dressing.)
- Carries out scheduled staff assignments and assists consumers in completing individually scheduled chores to insure effective home management including, but not limited to, meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, group home purchases, upkeep of outside grounds, etc. Performs minor repairs as appropriate and informs Residential Manager of needed maintenance.
- Completes all required documentation including, but not limited to, Consumer Monthly Reports, and Behavioral Tracking forms.
- Enters data on daily basis into electronic records.
- After completing DDD Medication Training, will administer medications in accordance.
- Participates in team, agency staff meetings and required in service training sessions, including DDD Pre-Service Trainings. Completes online training classes as assigned.
- Remains on duty until sufficient staff coverage arrives. In an emergency, remains until the safety of all consumers is ensured.
- Provides safe transportation for consumers and operates agency vehicles as outlined in the Vehicle Safety and Operations Handbook.
- Acknowledges the employee’s name will be checked against the Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.