LOCATION: Glassboro, NJ, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals for both part-time and full-time positions (1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift) providing direct support to adults with developmental disabilities in the Glassboro, NJ area. Eligible candidates must have High School Diploma or G.E.D. and up-to-date clearances. Available schedules vary with a blend of week days and weekends. This position pays between $12.50-$13.30/hour based on experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, certificate and/or associates degree preferred in related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities with the focus on behavioral services. Experience in a related field or with people with developmental disabilities may be substituted on a year for year basis (2 years) for the associate’s degree
- Experience working with individuals with acute behaviors
- Previous knowledge /training in areas of applied behavior analysis or one (1) year applied behavioral strategies, including, but not limited to, reinforcement schedules, token economy programs, picture schedules, etc.
- Previous knowledge/training with individuals who utilize augmentative communication devices
- Must become a Registered Behavior Technician within six (6) months of date of hire or transfer
- Must be available to attend weekly staff meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
- Must possess good customer interaction, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current, valid driver’s license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
- Manages, trains, transports and supervises the activities and functions of all individuals in addition to maintaining the home/day program in a safe, clean and healthy manner
- Assists individuals in occupational, recreational, vocational and therapeutic programs including, but not limited to, off-site day program/work area/locations
- Assists individuals in the independent management of his/her affairs, which may include , but are not limited to, personal hygiene, meal preparation, clothing maintenance, personal health maintenance, money management, household maintenance, employment habits, recreational activities and/or other duties or responsibilities which provides/assists the individuals to live in a caring environment
- Implements and documents all documentation assigned and required including, but not limited to, skill development, behavior management/behavior support plans, emergencies, habilitation plan, maintenance, reinforcement schedules, token economies, pictures schedules, etc.
- Attends weekly clinical meetings to review and discuss program affairs
- Serves as a member of the team by adhering to all current policies and procedures of the facility, as well as, participating and promoting a home-like environment for the individuals
- Cooperates with facility and the State of New Jersey Department of Human Services, or any other authorized investigating body during an inspection or investigation
- Maintain certifications and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), crisis intervention and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned