LOCATION: Southampton, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP – Southampton (RF: 1085)
We are currently seeking a Direct Support Professional (DSP) for a full-time position working with adults with autism and intellectual disabilities in a day program in the Southampton, PA area. DSP will be responsible for assisting participants with activities of daily living (ADL) and helping them work towards independence. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree, a valid driver’s license, background check, child abuse clearance, and a recent TB/physical.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Up-to-date clearances (Background check, child abuse)
- Recent TB and Physical.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and compassionately with disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Plan and conduct group and individual activities.
- Provide input and support to the Activities Director.
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1085