LOCATION: Reading, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP – All Shifts – Reading
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for full-time positions (first, second, or third shift) working in the Reading, PA area. DSP will be responsible for providing support to individuals aged 2-21 with intellectual and developmental disabilities in residential campus settings. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a human services-related field and 1-year of direct care experience OR a High School diploma + 12-semester credits in a human services field and 2 years of direct care experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a human services-related field and 1-year of direct care experience
- OR a High School diploma + 12-semester credits in a human services field and 2 years of direct care experience.
- Up-to-date clearances
- FBI Fingerprints through DHS,
- PA Child Abuse clearance
- PA Criminal Background Check
- Physical and PPD test
- Drug Screen prior to start
- Mandated Reporter training
- Driver’s License
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Provide therapeutic services within a residential day treatment setting for children/adolescents
- Plan and supervise program activities of daily living
- Ensure client safety and well being
- Facilitate client education
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Assist participants in boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1687