LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Direct Support Professional DSP – Pittsburgh (RF: 1728)
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) for full-time positions (all shifts) working with adults with IDDs in the Pittsburgh, PA area. There are several group home locations throughout the area including Greensburg, Erwin, and Delmont. DSPs will be responsible for assisting consumers with activities of daily living (ADL) and conducting group and individual activities. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma or GED. Candidates with 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred
- Up-to-date clearances
- Current CPR and first aid training
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes
- Provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals served within a specific program site regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others.
- Provide active treatment at all times and adhere to standards, procedures, and schedules
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision-making appropriate to the assignment.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual
- These areas will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry, and housekeeping.
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time.
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings.
- Observe and make written entries in the logbook as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1728