LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Overnight Direct Support Professional DSP – Pittsburgh
We are currently seeking a Direct Support Professional (DSP) for a full-time position working with adults with IDDs in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We’re looking for candidates that are available for overnight shifts (11 pm-9 am), Sundays-Wednesdays. DSPs will be responsible for assisting consumers with activities of daily living (ADL) in a group home setting. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma and up-to-date clearances.
- High School diploma
- Up-to-date clearances
- PA Criminal Background Check
- Current CPR and first aid training
- A recent Physical/TB Test
- A valid Driver’s License
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes
- Provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals served within a specific program site regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others.
- Provide active treatment at all times and adhere to standards, procedures, and schedules
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision-making appropriate to the assignment.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual
- These areas will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry, and housekeeping.
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time.
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings.
- Observe and make written entries in the logbook as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1763